Monday, November 22, 2010

Three Business Days Later...

Three Business Days Later...

Monday, November 22, 2010, 06:41 PM PST

...or five earth days if you count the weekend.

On Saturday Wizard’s CustHelp contacted me. They informed me that it was a problem with Paypal. Because the payment was over 60 days ago (which is a DUH! because it was a yearly subscription) the refund was refused. Why didn’t they know that? Why weren’t they informed the first time? Why did it take a month for them to figure it out?

So, OK, what next? It was a weekend so I didn’t bother prying.

An email from Digital River disguised as Wizards Customer Help arrived this morning. It asked me to confirm my address so they can send me a check. They also noted that the check will take 4 to 6 weeks. Simply amazing. They have a paypal account, don’t they? They could have just paid me through the account. But they choose to use snail mail, paper and now I’ll have to go to the bank to deposit a $9.90 check.

Thanks, WotC. Thanks a lot.

I find it crazy how a business can take their time with your money, while if I owed them $9.90 and took as long as they did, my balance would have probably went to collections with all kinds of service charges and interest. But as an individual I don’t have a team of lawyers to do any suing.

Wouldn’t it have been easier for them to send me a voucher or subscription code for a couple months like I asked in the first place?

Posted via email from Th' Reverend Dak Post

No comments:

Post a Comment