I feel troubled. Yesterday I started off cynical, with a very dismissive "told-ya-so" attitude. Mostly laughed. But today I'm pissed. I shouldn't be. Probably one of the stages of grief, but why? I didn't vote for the guy, but I didn't vote for Her either. None of my friends in LA/CA's vote mattered, because: Blue-state. I think I'm upset because this has made some of my friends cry, they're really fucking upset. And all I want to do is rationalize it, to understand why. And I know why, because the largest population of dis-enfranchised and downtrodden folks in America stepped up and voted against the establishment. Could have Bernie beat Trump, probably. He was an independent, and record numbers of people registered as Democrats just for him. But 6-million Democrats didn't bother voting. And there is no way that 6-million Democrats were stopped, Voter ID'd, and harassed from voting. So Trump didn't so-much win, because Hillary lost this election because she deserved to lose. We got what we deserved.
I want to join my friends at the protests, but I don't see the point. I already feel defeated. To me, this is the norm. I lost faith in our system a long time ago (and way too long to explain it here) as you've probably seen with my anti-establishment politics and my anti-authoritarian, anti-fascist rants. As person of color, I don't know if I feel safe outside my community. But that could be the establishment and mainstream media's fear mongering... what got us here in the first place.
Someone made my friends cry, you can see it in their eyes, and their words, and the way they carry themselves. My instincts are to punish those that did this to them. Pissed. But we all know who is to blame. And it's not the orange man with little hands. And it's not his "white-trash" supporters that took a stand, and voted their conscious. As vile as their rhetoric was, with their "blame the other" stance. The reality is it's the top-down, elitist, neo-lib, neo-con, two-party system and those that fight to keep the status-quo who made this fiery bed.
I still want to punch those that hurt my friends. But how do you attack the that?
The Democrats have failed you. The Republicans have failed you. Majority rules. That is democracy. You call that freedom?
See my profile banner? That's freedom. No gods. No masters.

No comments:
Post a Comment