Ability Checks, revised.
After more testing, I'm finding that my original dice numbers were too low. To keep them inline with the static numbers (the checks with no die rolling) I had to bump up the dice by one, oops.
- Easy 2d6
- Routine: 3d6
- Moderate: 4d6
- Hard: 5d6
- Impossible: 6d6
Some players insist on rolling. So you can have them roll a d20, add their modifier (which is negligible at this point) and have them beat either the static numbers (easiest, just like OGL) or have them beat a variable number (more rolling, but more fun.)
For example. If they are trying to kick down a random door they come across. The stronger player kicks it, rolls a d20+str mod, and then I'd determine that it's a common door, so I'd make it routine and roll 3d6. Tie would go to the PC, since he's doing the attempt.
It's not perfect, but it's quick!
No comments:
Post a Comment